139 entries were received for the BISFed 2015 World Open, Santiago de Cali, far exceeding the limit established by BISFed and the host. The BISFed Competition Committee had to work hard to find a balanced solution that combined the highest possible number of competitors in a competition schedule of 4 days using 9 courts whilst still applying the entry criteria:
- A minimum of 50% of the total slots will be allocated to nations from the Americas region, assuming there is sufficient interest from this Region
- Any remaining slots will be prioritised for teams, pairs or individuals who have an opportunity to qualify for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games as follows (in descending order):
- Team, Pairs or individuals that still have a chance to qualify, will have priority
- Team, Pairs or individuals that can improve their world ranking by attending, will have priority
- Team, Pairs or individuals that have not secured a slot for Rio, either based upon their ranking or any automatic slot will have priority
- Team, Pairs or individuals that have not attended the maximum number of events (i.e. four) to count toward the World Ranking will have priority
The application of the above entry criteria resulted in the qualification of the Pairs, Team and Individuals slots that were allocated in the attached document. Federations are able to enter the maximum allocation for the teams and pairs events, however they must only enter the allocated number of athletes in the individual events.
Entries are to be done via Sport:80. Visit www.sport80.com/platform and log in using the details you used to register your intention to compete. A full instruction manual is attached to this email. You must ensure you carefully understand the slots you have been awarded. If you have any questions email email@example.com.
All the slots that you were assigned must be confirmed before the 15th September 2015 – as well as the full payment.
IF YOU WISH TO DECLINE A PLACE PLEASE EMAIL BISFED IMMEDIATELY TO ENSURE A REPLACEMENT CAN BE NOTIFIED.
World Open Cali List Participants – ***UPDATE***