The BISFed Competitions Committee have worked tirelessly since the formation of BISFed to develop a fair and robust competition system. The system focuses on ensuring athletes that perform consistently at the highest level are rewarded with a ranking position to match their efforts. The committee is continually working on ensuring the system is fair and appropriate for our members.
2020 competitions will be held in:
- Tokyo, Japan
- Zagreb, Croatia
- Laval, Canada
- Nantes, France
- Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal
- Tokyo, Japan
- Dubai, UAE
As we move forward, we want to ensure we provide more opportunities for more athletes to participate in elite-level competitions around the world. In order to achieve this, we rely on our members to bid to host events and do all we can to support them through the process. Any federations looking to host a competition should complete a bid document or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information.
BISFed World Rankings
You can read the full information regarding World Ranking HERE however some key points to understand are:
- The points are based on the number of wins during the event.
- The points values depend on the type of event.
A side’s world ranking is calculated using a side’s four best event results (ranking point totals) over each two-year qualification period based on the following principles:
- a side’s ranking points total must include the ranking points total from the most recent major event (i.e. World Championships/Paralympic Games or Regional Championships) if the side attended the event
- a side’s ranking points totals from all other eligible events, subject to a maximum number of results from specific types of events:
- the other results will, therefore, come from the most recent World Championships, Paralympic Games, Regional Championships, World Open or a Regional Open.
- the lists will be updated after each competition or each month and previous events will decay accordingly.
- after 2 years events will be removed and no longer be eligible for Ranking points.
BISFed Competition & World Rankings Manual (v1.3)
After the BISFed Competition Committee announced the new Competition and Rankings Manual earlier this year you will have noticed that the BISFed World Rankings are updated more frequently.
Decay and Removal of Results:
The results will automatically decay 1 year after they have been allocated by a coefficient of 0.5 (refer to page 22 of the Competition & Ranking Manual (v1.3)) and will be removed entirely 2 years after they have been allocated.
Rankings for Competitions:
As the rankings are continually being updated it’s vital that our technical delegates can seed athletes accurately for competitions. The decision was made by the committee to take the rankings 14 days before the day of arrival of each competition.
Updating the Rankings after Competitions:
We will endeavour to update the World Rankings 1-3 working days after each BISFed sanctioned event.
If you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com